I’m sick of repairing the damage – I want it gone. Windows Security in Windows 11 is Microsoft’s built-in virus and malware protection suite. Just like in Windows 10, it protects your computer from malware and virus threats. We also recommend that you keep its real-time protection feature enabled. Windows Defender is an anti-virus solution that comes integrated into Windows 10 to protect your device and data against viruses, ransomware, spyware, and other security and privacy threats. In this Optimize Windows 10 for Gaming guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to temporary or permanently disable Windows Defender. When you get a new device and start up Windows 10 for the first time, the antivirus protection that comes installed with the device is your default security app.
- If Windows’ native antivirus is proving to be an annoying hassle that you’d rather do without, disabling it might be the wise thing to do.
- I’m sorry, but where is the Uninstall and Removal steps in this article?
- IT can only manage the feature through an Intune management console, which prevents local users from overriding Tamper Protection on managed systems.
- If you can’t locate it, right-click on the right pane, choose “New”, and select “DWORD (32-bit) Value”.
- AHK or HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT is the location of the classes.
These updates often include software, hardware and some third-party driver updates. ScanDisk can improve the performance of your hard drive and help maintain the Windows filesystem. Review the ScanDisk steps below for your version of Windows. If you have already created a restore point before, you can restore Windows 10 to the previous state. Please note that System Restore wouldn’t affect personal files in Windows.
Hard Disk Error
In option 2 , When it opens the settings app I don’t find the real time protection option . By default, Windows Defender Antivirus is always active, but it doesn’t hurt to check if the service is on every now and then. Windows updates sometimes cause the service to turn off, or maybe you had to turn it off while installing a new program. Either way, it’s best to leave the Windows Defender Antivirus always working. For Real Time Protection, I basically enable every setting.
Syspair Registry Cleaner
Method 3: Restart the Security Center Service
If it’s not fixed it could cause the system to freeze and crash. I installed the file and it helped me resolve the DDL problem.